Refinance Documentation

If you are looking to refinance your home for BIG savings, your mortgage team will need some documentation to verify your identity, income, and assets. With your cooperation, you’ll be saving in no time!

Items in orange are required of all applicants. Italicized items will only apply to some applicants.

  •       Identification
  • Copy of government-issued photo ID (front and back)

    If you are not a US citizen: Copy of your green card (front and back)

  •       Income
  • Most recent consecutive pay stub(s) covering the last 30 days

    Past two years W-2s and/or 1099s

    Past two years completed and signed federal tax returns, including all schedules

    If you are self-employed: Most recent two years business licenses or a letter from your CPA stating the name of the business and the number of years you have been self-employed

    If you receive Social Security, Disability, Pension, Annuity, or Other Income: Award letter and bank statements evidencing receipt of funds

    If you receive rental income: Lease agreement(s) and/or Schedule E of your most recent federal tax return

    If you are starting or recently started a new job: Offer letter from employer showing terms of employment

    If applicable alimony, child support, and/or separate maintenance: Signed copy of Divorce Decree, Child Support Agreement, and/or Separation Agreement

  •       Assets
  • Most recent two months bank statements, all pages included (i.e. 6 of 6)

    Evidence of the source of any funds used for down payment (ex: 401K, IRA, HUD-1 from sale of property)

    Statements for any accounts being used for reserve assets (ex: 401K, IRA, other retirement funds)

    If gift funds are being given: Signed gift letter from donor and evidence of receipt of funds

    If you own other real estate: Current mortgage statements for any property owned, including tax and insurance information

  •       Other Important Information
  • An executed copy of the purchase contract

    Evidence that the Earnest Money and Due Diligence deposits have been paid

    If divorced or separated: Signed copy of Divorce Decree and/or Separation Agreement and signed copy of Child Support Agreement, if applicable

    If living rent-free: Signed letter from current residence property owner stating that you live at that residence rent-free

Prequalify Now

Take your first step towards buying a new home. Know how much house you can afford.