With today’s low interest rates, jumbo loans have become increasingly popular. They allow some buyers to afford dream or luxury homes with larger, often non-conforming, mortgages at slightly higher interest rates than conventional loans. With fixed-rate jumbo loans, buyers can currently lock in competitive rates and stable monthly payments for years to come.
Jumbo loans generally exceed the limits of conventional, government—backed loans, which tend to be capped at $417,000 to $625,500. However, the figures for the caps change often, vary in some expensive areas and you can currently find FHA-insured jumbo loans for amounts of up to $729,750 (even $1,094,625 in some areas), which offer some of the benefits of conventional FHA loans like a low down payment. However, buyers must generally make larger down payments to qualify for jumbo loans.
Benefits of Jumbo Loan:
- Enable buyers to apply for larger home loans
- More opportunity to negotiate fees and interest
What you Need:
- Your driver’s license
- Your social security card
- Payment stubs for the past month
- Contact information for your landlord
- Copies of your past two tax returns if you are employed
- Copies of your past three tax returns if you are self employed
- An accounting of regular monthly bills, including account numbers
- A profit and loss statement for the current year if you run a business
- Three months of statements for all of your savings and investment accounts
Additional documentation may be requested.