With today's low interest rates, jumbo loans have become increasingly popular. They allow some buyers to afford dream or luxury homes with larger, often non-conforming, mortgages at slightly higher interest rates than conventional loans. With fixed-rate jumbo loans, buyers can currently lock in competitive rates and stable monthly payments for years to come.
Jumbo loans generally exceed the limits of conventional, government-backed loans. However, buyers must generally make larger down payments to qualify for jumbo loans.
Benefits of Jumbo Loan:
- Enable buyers to apply for larger home loans
- More opportunity to negotiate fees and interest
What You Need:
- Your driver's license
- Your social security card
- Payment stubs for the past month
- Contact information for your landlord
- Copies of your past two tax returns if you are employed
- Copies of your past three tax returns if you are self employed
- An accounting of regular monthly bills, including account numbers
- A profit and loss statement for the current year if you run a business
- Three months of statements for all of your savings and investment accounts