Pursuant to California Health & Safety Code §35830; California Code Reg. tit.§7114
It is illegal to discriminate in the provision of or in the availability of financial assistance because of the consideration of:
- Trends, characteristics or conditions in the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, unless the financial institution can demonstrate in the particular case that such consideration is required to an unsafe and unsounds business practice; or
- Race, color, religion, sex, marital status, domestic partnership, national origin or ancestry.
It is illegal to consider the racial, ethnic, religious or national origin composition of a neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation or whether or not such composition is undergoing change, or is expected to undergo change, in appraising a housing accommodation or in determining whether or not, or under what terms and conditions to provide financial assistance.
These provisions govern financial assistance for the purpose of the purchase, construction, rehabilitation or refinancing of one- to four-unit family residences occupied by the owner and for the purpose of the home improvement of any one- to four-unit family residence.
If you have any question about your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, contact the management of this financial institution or the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation at one of the following locations:2101 Arena Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95834
(866) 275-2677One Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94104-4428
Tel: (415) 972-8565
(866) 275-267745 Fremont Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-2219
Tel: (415) 263-8500
Fax: (415) 288-8830300 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1259
Tel: (213) 897-2085
Fax: (213) 897-8860320 West 4th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-2344
Tel: (213) 576-7500
(866) 275-26771350 Front St. #2034
San Diego, CA 92101-3697
Tel: (619) 525-4233
(866) 275-26777575 Metropolitan Drive
Suite 108, San Diego, CA 92108-4421
Tel: (619) 682-7227
Fax: (619) 682-7217